Recipe from: Bronson Hospital
2 bunches ramps
1 cup sugar
1 cup salt
3 bay leaves
1 quart red wine vinegar
1 quart water
2 tbsp peppercorns
1 cup farro
1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
Green Goddess Dressing
1/2 bunch parsley
1/2 bunch tarrogon
1 cup watercress
1/2 cup chives
1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup vinegar
1 1/2 cups oil
1. Place all ingredients, besides ramps, in a pot and bring to a boil.
2. Once hot, pour over cleaned ramps and let pickle for 24 hours. Save liquid for dressings or more pickling.
1. Bring stock and farro to a boil.
2. Let simmer for 15 minutes and fluff with a fork.
1. Place all herb, lemon juice, and vinegar in a blender. Puree until smooth.
2. While blending, add oil slowly until dressing emulsifies.
3. Season with salt, lemon juice, and sugar (if needed).
Serve farro with ramps and topped with dressing. If desired, add in extra greens like spinach, watercress, or arugula.
You can replace the farro with wheat berries, which is a great local alternative but takes longer to cook. Boil and simmer 1 cup wheat berries with 3 cups stock for 30 to 40 minutes. They should have a chewy texture when cooked. When making dressings, save the extra herbs by chopping and freezing them with oil in ice cube trays.
!Thanks for visiting our website. You're using a very old browser and it's preventing this website from displaying correctly. To view this website, please upgrade your browser.