For people who aren’t willing to sacrifice their healthy lifestyle for a holiday, or are on restricted diets for health reasons can now rejoice! Finally, a healthy alternative to everyone’s favorite Thanksgiving dish: the cauliflower edition of stuffing! With all the same flavors and textures as if it just came out of freshly roasted turkey, one won’t miss the high carbohydrate and calorie content of breading. Also, one will be adding MORE nutrient-dense veggies to their Thanksgiving feast than they ever would have thought. Honestly, that’s a win-win in my book, and it leaves more room for pumpkin pie…
2 medium heads of cauliflower
1 tbsp olive oil
1 large yellow onion, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
4 stalks of celery, sliced thinly
3 cups of mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup pecans, roughly chopped
2 1/2 tsp dried sage
1 tbsp poultry seasoning
1 tsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
Items in bold are produced locally and can be bought at the PFC or markets
30 minutes total time
1. Pulse cauliflower in a food processor until “rice” consistency is reached.
2. Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add onions, garlic and celery and sauté for 5 mins
4. Add in cauliflower and cook for about 10 mins, or until fully cooked.
5. Add mushrooms and continue cooking until they've begun to sweat, about another 5 minutes.
6. Top with pecans, spices and vinegar and cook for 1 min.
7. Serve warm and enjoy!
!Thanks for visiting our website. You're using a very old browser and it's preventing this website from displaying correctly. To view this website, please upgrade your browser.