This recipe comes from the chefs at FireKeepers, who came down to the market to demonstrate this recipe and provide free samples to market shoppers on October 29.
For the vegetables
Assorted Rood Vegetables (enough for 4-6 servings)
*potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, beets, parsnips, onions, garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp black pepper
Maple Cider Glaze
For the maple cider
1 cinnamon stick
1 orange quartered
12 whole cloves
2 qts apple cider
1 cup maple syrup
2 tbsp brown sugar
Items in bold are produced locally and can be bought at the PFC and Markets
1. Peel and cut vegetables into uniform pieces (about 1 inch). In a large bowl toss with olive oil until coated and season with salt and pepper.
2. For the glaze, place the cinnamon stick, orange, and cloves into cheesecloth to make a sachet and tie closed with a string. Place into a stock pot with the apple cider, maple syrup, and brown sugar. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, remove the sachet and discard. Continue to simmer until reduced by half and syrupy. Leave the sachet in the cider longer for a stronger spiced flavor if desired.
3. Prepare charcoal grill to about 350 degrees F. Preheat perforated grill pan or grate for 10 minutes.
4. Spread the vegetables onto the pan in a single layer. Grill with the lid closed as much as possible, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and lightly charred.
5. Transfer veggies into a bowl and toss with about 1/4 cup of the Maple Cider Glaze and serve immediately.
!Thanks for visiting our website. You're using a very old browser and it's preventing this website from displaying correctly. To view this website, please upgrade your browser.